Tuesday 15 December 2015

She loves for real [Part 2]

It's hard to smile when all you really do is cry
Harder to stay strong when I'm all broken inside.

Yesterday you called it quits, today we were in court
It's been 11 weeks since I wrote, 11 weeks of hopes all gone.

While you were in the stands I heard it all
I've been all by myself for a long time now.

Who shall help me beg my crown now
Too late to cry over spilt milk they all said.

Reason said to me, how long will you cry?
Sister let him go! You shall find another.

Heart said to me, what else can a maid do?
Cry all you want, your tears may wash off the pain.

Now my strength is gone, all I've done is cry.
All my will is used, heaven I need a hug.

Thinking about us and what we could have been
Don't wake me, this can't all be a dream

I'm sorry for all the wrong I've done
I'm sorry for all the wrong you did.

I'm sorry I wasn't easy to love
I'm sorry you made loving impossible.

I'm sorry you want out
I'm sorry. The blame's all mine.

I've lost something hard to replace
My love is all gone to waste

Is there any for me, among the sons of Adam
Shall I find another, except my hard luck Cain

I am now a stranger to my own self
The pain has made my skin an estranged garment.

My paradise is before my eyes gone
My hair shall remain unkempt till joy again I find.

2 comments: