Monday 23 November 2015

Somebody That I Used To Know

It's another gloomy night, stuck on this Island, literally, I'm forced to reflect on my life (lol), on the things I've been through these past months, or more accurately, the things I've put myself through... a lot of things I learnt, or rather got reminded of. So many are they that I can't attempt to put them down, especially that some remain yet in their embryonic form, still I'll write... as if it makes a difference, I write.

That "Somebody That I Used To Know" by Gotye feat. Kimbra has become one of my best songs (lol). I know neither Gotye nor Kimbra or any of their other songs.

That 2015 has by far been my worst year in a long time, at least on two main fronts, but has apparently been my best year yet :) So I'm thankful.

That most (but not all) people are actually what I've always known people to be, self centered, wicked, vengeful and more and that I can easily become the same.

That there's strength in diversity, but there's also war in differences.

That being similar with another in many respects is great harm as much as it can do a lot of good.

That you are weakest in the areas you think you are strongest, you just need a tiny loophole or grant access to your poison.

That to think you are smart can become a mild form of pride, but to think you are wiser than you really are is the greatest folly.

That I have grown a lot over the years but I still am the same me that I've always known. The ME that only a very few have some idea of :). And that this isn't necessarily a good or a bad thing.

That I've been through a lot in my little life but that there's always been a way out, and there'll always be.

That giving does not mean receiving.

That I cannot blame anyone for what I allowed in my own life.

That I'd remember this someday and smile... smile for good.

That I'll not be getting married anytime soon, or at least, so it seems.

That it's 2130HRS, and I must shutdown.... and be back again soon.

PS: Apologies if this is incoherent or if you don't understand something I've written, trust me, I don't either.

2 comments: