Thursday 26 November 2015

Path to Failure... [Part 1]


Exactly one week after I wrote that incomplete if only thing... I got myself trapped with this exam. It seemed like a perfect escape route... Now, looking back, I wish I didn't have the cash in bank to waste at the time... The money is some plenny sturvs mehn, I swear... it is paining me. I think I simply forgot that registering for an exam was only the first step, you also had to prepare for it and you need a stable mind to do so ...wharefa! I sha registered.

What has happened between August 20 and today? In fact, I’m not sure… but I sha know I've done a lot of “metastudying”, reading about reading. I’ve done this well enough to know that I’m so failing this :) Some popular themes from these studies have shown the following:
  • That you need about 300 hours of studying, and that doesn’t guarantee a pass
  • That thinking you will fail makes you fail
  • That there’s no shortcut…lol

So with 8 days to go, 4 of which would be spent on intense month end close work and some hours on another yeye coded official project, I can only laugh at myself…

Not like I haven’t read at all, there are 10 topic areas with different weights. I have spent at least 4 hours trying to make some sense of derivatives (5%) and about an hour on FRA (20%), so at least, that’s something, only that it’s a lot of nothing compared to the something I should have done by now :(

The honest truth though is that I had given up on taking the exam. It makes sense to limit the loss to exam fee, why incur flight & hotel costs in addition? Kudos to Comic Bishop, my Chief Encouager, he told me everything I would have told someone else in the same position “sha goan write it… you have already paid… and you may pass o!” That reminds me, I sent money to Jolo to help get the calculator for the rubbish exam… hmmm… I never see am o, and I hear learning to use the calculator na exam on hin own… tuffia!

But there’s good news! The good news is that within the last 48 hours, it’s looking like Bae is back, hmmm long story or no story at all sef… Bae’s sha back and head may be able to settle… By extension, we may be back in this exam business… the next 3 days (Friday to Sunday) will help me decide if it’s worth it going in for the 6-hour ordeal or just bone altogether.

Don’t get me wrong, this isn’t about passing or failing, the title stands! However, you don’t want to be tormenting yourself cluelessly for 6 hours. Let it be that there is some idea to mess around with so I can at least enjoy the last stretch of this painful path, the path to failure.

PS: At the end of the day, it's only an exam!

No comments:

Post a Comment