Sunday 22 November 2015

If Only... [Incomplete]

I sit here by myself wondering if  I should post this or not... No, actually, I'm done wondering. I'll post it.

It's nothing serious though, just an incomplete thought in the middle of some emotion... the type you shouldn't feel too often in this short life or the life will become even shorter.

What follows is the interrupted output of a then troubled mind... It was August 13, 2015, a day I stayed off work... probably lying back against the rug, these thoughts rushed through mind...

Yes, it wasn't complete... I had plans to return to this but it never happened, at least until now. Will I ever complete it? I don't think so, probably for the same reason it remained this way for 3 months. That reason? It's called HOPE. Here goes...

If Only...

If only we could go back in time
If only these chapters weren't written

If only we had friends
If only they told us the truth

If only hate wasn't such a bad word
If only it isn't the only word right now

If only we can be friends
If only our friendship wasn't poison

If only we didn't hate our smile
If only our peace didn't bring us pain

If only it wasn't all our fault
If only we didn't do no wrong

If only we wanted real
If only we saw perfection in flaws

If only we weren't totally ignorant
If only we weren't always smart

... ... ...

If only we are not at the end of the road
If only we won't say goodbye

But it is all of this and more
and we have to say goodbye!


No comments:

Post a Comment